First of all, DreamHost is recommended by WordPress which is the CMS that runs the most websites in the World. This obviously tells a lot about how successful this independent company is, especially when it comes to specialized WordPress hosting. DreamHost was always good in shared hosting but now their WordPress plans come with lots of additional benefits. For an additional layer of security, they added a firewall strictly for WordPress that is a great solution for all the weaknesses that come
with the platform and also provides protection against brute-force attacks. They ensure a solid 100% of uptime so online businesses don’t need to worry about losing money because of occasional downtimes.
DreamHost is also particularly generous as you can get your money back within 97 days if their service doesn’t fit your needs. Plugins or themes for WordPress websites are also not limited at all, you can use whatever you prefer using. There is no need for manual updates, the provider also installs them automatically so there is another thing you don’t need to care about.
At DreamHost, you can find a wide range of plans that might be suitable for both smaller blogs and business websites with huge traffic.Although shared hosting and WordPress is their specialty, there are other solid plans as well for VPS hosting, dedicated servers and cloud
hosting. Resellers might also find DreamHost useful but we will explain later why it won’t be the usual reseller account. First of all, let’s go through the plans and pricing of this web hosting company.
- 97-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Among the Cheaper Options
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- No Higher Renewal Prices
- Cheap Month-to-Month Plan
- Their WordPress plans include SSD hard disks
- Support is available 24/7 and can be reached via plenty of channels
- Hands-on access, their staff is physically close to the servers
- DreamHost has its own control panel and it’s free
- Plans with affordable prices
- VPS and dedicated server plans also run on SSD disks
- Plenty of hosting services for specialized needs
- Reseller support, but you can only trade parts of your account with other users
- Databases and files from other panels need to be manually migrated (cPanel for example)
- Importing email from cPanel backup needs a few more steps
- DreamHost can’t be contacted via phone
- It will take some time to get used to their control panel
Being in the industry since 1997, DreamHost surely knows how to satisfy their customers. They are without doubt one of the most successful web hosting providers out there with plenty of experience.
If you take a look at the list of features they offer, you will be most likely convinced into choosing one of their plans. Now let’s see what DreamHost has to offer that might come into handy for your business:
- Advanced functionalities, such as full access to CGI, subversion repository and cron jobs
- SSD hard drives for better performance on all of their shared hosting plans
- You can seamlessly upgrade to VPS and dedicated servers
- App developers can benefit from the cloud hosting plan
- Solid knowledgebase and guides
- DreamHost always takes care of updates
- Unlimited resources when it comes to disk space, domains, bandwidth and email accounts
- Reachable staff working at their datacenters
- Improved page load speeds for WordPress users
- Unlimited plugins, themes and customizations
- MySQL VPS add-on for their VPS plan that places databases on their own server, improving load times
General Info & Hosting Overview
Web hosting providers can focus on many different things such as WordPress users, offering many specific plans, working on customer support, providing stronger hardware and so on.
There is no perfect provider, but you can surely find one that satisfies your needs. In the next two lists, we are going to go through the most notable pros and cons that you can face by joining DreamHost: